Debt Advice and Benefit Checks

We work in partnership with Citizens Advice and Rights Fife (CARF).  CARF can help you with advice and information on benefits and tax credits. Our energy advisors will refer you to CARF if they think they might be able to offer you further help. An advisor from CARF can then help you over the phone or visit you in your home.



CARF can:

  • Provide free benefits checks – benefit rules and regulations can seem complicated, and are in the process of changing. Many people are entitled to benefits and tax credits to help with daily living costs – we can help you make sure that you’re getting all the help you’re entitled to.


  • Help you complete forms and advise on applications.


  • Advise on council tax, housing costs and national insurance.


  • Advise on payment of benefits, problems with benefits and future changes to benefits.


  • Help with budgeting your income.


Receiving the correct benefits may increase your chance of entitlement to other help e.g. a new heating system.